Thursday, August 28, 2014

Misconstrued...

Have you ever had one of those moments where what you did has been misconstrued into meaning something you didn't mean? Have you ever thought about choices you have made or things you have said/done that you meant one way but it was obvious they were taken another way?

Do you ever take something that is said and think the worst? Are you ever the one that has misconstrued what someone has said to you?

How does one respond to these situations?

Is it a natural tendency to think the worst or assume something that is not stated? Why do we jump so quickly to the worst instead of the best?

What is our purpose in bringing out the misconstrued meaning in someone else's words? Are we doing it truly encourage that other person or are we doing it to promote ourselves or point out a fault?

I think about some of the things that I have done and said recently... I love the Lord and want to serve Him, yet some of it has been misconstrued. I suppose it can be said that I should be more cautious and more direct. As well I should be more gracious in my response to others. Sometimes a simple misunderstanding or assumption can lead to pain and regret.

My hope and desire is first and foremost serve the Lord, trust in Him, and by His grace lead a life that glorifies Him. He is my stronghold, my strong tower, my refuge, my Savior, my Salvation, my Hope, my Love. Thinking on the truths of Christ tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment