Monday, August 25, 2014

Little Victories

I was recently having a conversation with dear sister in Christ. She was sharing the blessing of a recent conference that she had attended. One of her favorite take always was a suggested prayer outline (that of course I jumped on board with right away). One of the sweetest parts of the conversation and break out session was when the speaker talked about little victories.

The speaker set out to pray for five minutes every day out loud. As we all know it can be difficult to focus in on prayer and by saying it out loud this was helping to making it a more focused and deliberate use of time. She completed an entire year of praying out loud for five minutes daily. Her new goal as a new year approached was wait for it... Six Minutes. I know I was waiting for ten minutes, but six. She is choosing to take the little victories in life. She is setting herself up for victory instead of failure. She is experiencing the blessings of deep, thoughtful, out loud prayer. I loved this. I love that some of the most meaningful things we will do in our walk with Christ will be simple. I think the more we over think the more we set ourselves up for failure. Had she set the goal of ten minutes daily, she may have succeeded with great success, but I fear there may have been failure. She set a realistic goal for herself that brings her closer to her Lord each day, yet challenges her and her faith each day.

I am thankful for the little victories in my walk with Christ. I know I am often looking for or striving for the big things; but by doing that I think I have missed out on the blessings of the little things.

So here to the little victories through Christ and a future full of little and big victories, all in the name of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment