Thursday, May 23, 2013

S.O.A.P

I wanted to give a recap of the S.O.A.P outreach that my mom and I participated in on Saturday. As you know I have a heart sex trafficking. I am still not sure how God will continue to use me in that ministry, but when He presents an opportunity I take it.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to serve with a few friends and many brothers and sisters in Christ with the S.OA.P Outreach. Click Here to find out what S.OA.P is all about! Mom and I headed about an hour north of where we live to a church, literally out in the middle of no where. We hear the testimony of a young women who had been caught in sex trafficking and how she was rescued and her recent involvement with S.OA.P. Lunch was spent labeling bars of soap. After lunch our group headed out to Rockville Road to deliver our soap.

It was such a blessing to minister in this way. Our goal was to educate the hotel staff and drop off the soap. All within a timely but not rushed manner. I have a little experience with this as mom and I helped last year with the Super Bowl outreach, but I was still a little nervous.

S.O.A.P is not a gospel centered ministry. Their primary goal and purpose is to educate and provide a means of rescue for these victims. However I love that no matter what you do you can make it gospel centered. The last time I participated in this outreach one of our team members took the time to talk and pray with a couple of the hotel staff. This truly touched me. I sometimes pray in public but not usually with strangers, however the kindness of the act and intentions scream Glory to God. I wanted this ministry to have the same objective for me. I wanted it to be gospel centered. So going way outside my comfort zone our group did the following. At each hotel we introduced ourselves, talked about S.O.A.P and provided them with many materials. At the end of our conversation with each hotel we asked if we could pray for them and with them. I was the chosen one to lead prayer all four times. This was a huge deal for me and I am so thankful for the growth that God provided even in that hour.

Please be in prayer for the outreach and outcomes. And please think on the hotels on Rockville Road and near 70 in Plainfield. May they have been touched by the gospel, may there have been a seed planted.


No comments:

Post a Comment