Thursday, May 23, 2013

Blessed are...

I have wanted to share this for a while, just finding the time to sit down and do it has been challenging.

I am simply amazed at how God interconnects everything. Last fall pastor started preaching through Matthew. Pastor's messages on the Be attitudes was very convicting. If you read through the Be Attitudes and really ponder on the idea that our lives should like that you will realize you are an epic failure - seriously I am humbled and so thankful for my Savior. For those of you who may not know the Be Attitudes or may need a refresher;

"Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
  Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
  Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
  Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
  Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
  Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
  Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heave.
  Blessed are you when other revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely        
   on my account." - Matthew 5:3-11 (ESV)

Well I don't know about you but I sure don't measure up to the Be Attitudes.

In our Foundations class it is important to me that we memorize scripture. Last year we memorized the churches verse, Psalm 51. This year by the Lord's leading I chose the Be Attitudes. Last year we made up hand motions, this year we are learning it in sign language. It has been such a blessing to learn this verse with my class. They are so dear to my heart!

On to my specific reason for the post... after all my rambling.

As pastor has been preaching this year through Matthew our Foundations class has been studying the gospels. I cannot even begin to tell you how exciting the last few weeks have been. Pastor has been preaching almost the same themes we have been learning in class. As a Foundations teacher it is my duty to come along side the parents to help encourage and grow their children in the Lord. WOW is all I can fathom right now. God has, in His divine plan, coincided these lessons together for a reason. What a blessing it has been to be on the teaching and receiving end. I can see God working through these lessons in the lives of the children in my class. Parents could be discussing the sermon and their children can honestly participate in discussion. They truly are sponges and are soaking up everything we are learning. I have been truly blessed to be apart of this ministry. Especially these last few weeks, I have SEEN God working. Linking together each part of our lives, teaching us, loving us, guiding us.

Praising God for allowing me to participate in our Foundations ministry. Blessed is what I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment