Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Trials

Do you ever look for God's grace in the midst of trials? Well I can honestly that I typically don't. Usually I am so wrapped up in the trial that I don't pay attention to much else.

Well I had a blessed experience today. Today was probably one of the tougher days as of recent. All I can say is God's grace was so abundantly laid into this trial. I cannot explain in detail, but will still try to share.

I have a natural tendendancy to respond quickly in anger, or attitude. By God's grace today it was merely frustration. While there are a thousand other responses that may have been more appropriate, God's grace gave me the ability to turn to frustration not anger. I cannot tell you the blessing that was today. God's grace allowed me to walk away, not ignite the situation more, or say something rash. My God is so gracious to me.

I don't deserve the grace that is given to me daily, but all I can say is I am so thankful to be more aware of it. Being able to pick out specific parts of my day that are the directly the grace of God in my life, takes my breath away. He loves me. He desires a relationship with me. He desires me to grow in His knowledge and wisdom. He desires me to desire Him.

I need Him, every hour I need Him. I am so thankful that even when I forget I need Him, His grace is abundant!

Praising the Lord that for once I turned to Him in the midst of a trial. Baby steps I tell you baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment