Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Lordship of Christ - John MacArthur

This book was very good. John MacArthur address issues that are arising right now, like the fact that we don't acknowledge sin for what it is. MacArthur addressed many different issues and he did so in a very simple way. This book was an easy read and would be suitable for any spiritual level of believer. It wouldn't matter how far along in your walk with Christ you were, MacArthur laid it out pretty simply. I especially liked that the book was so saturated with scripture. We as followers of Christ don't need to lend so much on what others say the Bible is saying but simply need to adhere to what the Bible is saying. So many times I read commentaries or book about the Bible and it is filled with this persons views and feelings. In my pursuit of Christ I care what others think and feel because it helps me define what I believe, but I mostly want to know what the Bible is saying. I don't like to turn to others for their views but for them to explain what the passage is saying. For instance many times in reading the Old Testament it can be easy to get confused (I sure do!) but with a good commentary they will explain the cultural elements that I might not have otherwise known.

Overall I would recommend this book to others. Super great theology and an easy read.

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book

No comments:

Post a Comment