Saturday, July 5, 2014

How much does your sin bother you?

How much does your sin bother you? Why does your sin bother you? Does your sin ever cause a visceral response? Why does some sin bother you more than others? Why do we classify sin and little sin or big sin?

Tonight I was heavy laden with the guilt of my sins. I am a wretched sinner, we know all about my wretched sin based on a couple previous posts. I don't think I grasp my own depravity on a daily basis like I should.

Tonight I am thankful for a sovereign God who forgives me of my sins when I seek repentance. Do you struggle to ask daily for forgiveness of sins? I think because I so often forget how terrible my sin is I to often forget the necessity of repentance.

Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate that is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few" - This verse is really hitting me tonight. The battle over sin and living for Christ won't be easy. Life will look different and be different. But life is only different and difficult if we are seeking Christ, following the narrow path. I am realizing that I need to make some of those difficult decisions in my life to help me pursue Christ more. I have allowed other things to go before God and have allowed those things to take root in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment